This two day programme is for anyone who is looking to start a business or go self employed. Following the course, you’ll have a better understanding of how to start a successful business and avoid some of the common pitfalls facing start ups. Through a variety of discussion, real life examples and effective presentation styles we aim to make you more knowledgeable and confident so you can move forward quickly to running your own business or become self employed. For this course to be fully funded and therefore free for you, both days must be attended. Please check your availability before booking dates.
Before booking, please note to be eligible to attend the workshop you must be a new business or have been trading for less than one year and reside or your business operates in Norfolk or Suffolk. It is also compulsory to attend both days (this is a two day event).
• Are you ready to go self employed or start a business?
• Effective market research
• Choosing a business name
• What makes a good advert
• The essentials of social media and digital marketing
• How to set up your business and stay within the rules
• What business records you’ll need to keep
• Decoding accounting language and make it easy to understand
• How tax works
• How to write a business plan
• How to write a cashflow/financial forecast and work out your profit
• Where to get funding for start ups
• Be able to see if your idea can make a profit
• Have the tools to help you do effective market research
• Know how to reach the right customers for your business
• Create adverts that get attention and work
• Know which business structure will work best for you
• Understand basic tax and bookkeeping requirements for sole traders and limited companies
• Know how to create a cashflow and work out your profit.
• Be able to write a clear business plan to help you get finance
• Have more confidence to make a success of your new business
• Know where to get help in the future
“this really was an excellent day – without this course I would definitely have made some basic mistakes thankyou!”
“the course totally changed the way I look at business … so glad I invested the time to attend… I can’t recommend it enough”
“thankyou for your excellent support…. The material covered, and the friendly presentation style really brought the subjects alive”