Spearheading the region's fast growing renewable offshore energy sector, OrbisEnergy delivers flexible office, boardroom and conferencing facilities for more than 30 small and medium sized companies involved in this fast expanding energy industry sector.
Built over five storeys, the landmark building is a physical focus, bringing together engineering companies, suppliers, service providers and private investors, to help generate work, projects and contracts.
Its unique design, from the stunning glass atrium, to the informal meeting and social spaces, make OrbisEnergy the perfect environment for generating ideas and for effective networking.
Just 30 metres from the shore, and raised up on stilts – to give under-building parking - OrbisEnergy offers expansive sea views. To guard against harsh seashore conditions, OrbisEnergy features permeable rain screen cladding, and is designed to shade occupants from bright coastal sunshine. Features include the latest communication and Internet links, plus security gating and CCTV for peace of mind.
With solar thermal heating, the concrete sub-structure reduces year-round temperature fluctuations making the building energy efficient and self-regulating. Power comes from the locally sourced woodchip biomass boiler.
OrbisEnergy is designed to BREEAM (Build Research Establishment Environment Assessment Method) standards, reflecting its low environmental impact.
OrbisEnergy has become a catalyst for growth, and plays a vital part in helping regenerate the Lowestoft and Great Yarmouth areas.
In summary, the centre:
- provides workspace units, together with conference and exhibition for up to 220 delegates and library facilities.
- is a central point for SMEs working in the renewable industry for up to 30 business employing up to 150 people
- fosters greater collaboration amongst businesses engaged in the offshore renewable energy industry
- supports the creation of new and developing SMEs
- links SMEs with research and academic institutions
- complements and works with 1st East and the EastPort development
OrbisEnergy has also developed its own Green Travel Plan to demonstrate it's commitment to the environment and its surrounding community. If you would like to view this document, please contact us on the number listed below